Private Medical is an online telehealth service that provides patients with access to doctors via video conference appointments. We provide a private and professional system for you to see a doctor via video consultation at a time that suits you, from the comfort of your own home, or on the go from your mobile device. It is the perfect solution for time-poor patients and individuals of all ages from adults to children unable to readily access regular health services for urgent but non-emergency health conditions.
We are a patient-driven service. As a patient, you are in control of the timing of your consultation. You simply need to log onto our website and choose: “Book Appointment” and you can book your appointment immediately or in advance. There is no need for you to phone our reception to arrange your appointment – so you can arrange your appointment online whenever and wherever suits you. However, we do have a helpful Administration team available between 8am – 8pm, 7 days per week, who can be contacted on 135001 or email@example.com, if you do require assistance or have any questions.
We are a patient-driven telehealth service.
As a patient, you are in control of the timing of your online doctor consultation. You simply need to log onto our website and click: “Book Appointment” to select an immediate or in advance telehealth appointment.
There is no need for you to phone us to arrange your telehealth doctor appointment – so you can arrange your appointment online whenever it suits you.
However, we do have a helpful administration team available between 8 am – 8 pm, 7 days per week, who can be contacted on 135001 or firstname.lastname@example.org, if you do require further assistance or have any questions about our telemedicine services.
You will need to pay for the consultation before your appointment is confirmed.
We are a private telehealth service and payment will be required prior to your virtual consultation with one of our doctors, however if an MBS item applies, you can claim a rebate for this yourself.
Bulk billed services are not available through this service, and currently the majority of Medicare items are not available via telehealth, however exceptions do apply for:
- People requiring GP advice on Mental Health Care Plans, smoking cessation some reproductive health enquiries
- Anyone who is affected by COVID isolation orders
- Anyone who needs to be assessed for COVID antiviral medication
- Babies under 12 months of age
- People experiencing homelessness
If you would like to discuss your eligibility for Medicare coverage, please contact our admin staff on 135 001 for the most up to date advice.
Virtual consultations with our doctors are available 12 hours a day, seven (7) days a week. Between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. in all time zones.
You are able to log on to our website 24/7 and book a virtual doctor consultation at a time that suits you or contact one of our admin staff on 135 001 to book your telehealth appointment over the phone.
Once you have booked and paid for your telehealth doctor consultation – you will be sent an email and an SMS confirming your appointment, this will include a link to your online doctor consultation.
You can choose to join your online doctor consultation either via your mobile phone, iPad, laptop, or desktop at the time of your appointment.
Please note: you will need to ensure your chosen device has a working camera, speakers, and a microphone.
You can test your connection prior to your online consultation here - https://tools.coviu.com/precall/
Yes! Private Medical is a privately-held Australian-owned and operated medical services firm based in Melbourne.
All doctors are registered and certified by the Australian Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA) and all mandatory pre-employment checks have been conducted.
No – While our headquarters are located in Melbourne, our doctor telehealth consultations are delivered 100% virtually, which means you can speak with your experienced GP online from any device in the comfort of your own home.
Prescriptions are dispensed at each doctor's discretion depending on your current medical condition and whether you are on any existing medications that require new scripts. if you have any regular medications you are taking, we suggest you have them with you to show the doctor during your video consultation.
If the doctor provides a prescription, you can choose your delivery method, either via:
· Electronic prescription sent to your mobile as an SMS or email;
· Digital copy of a paper prescription sent via fax and email to your local pharmacy; or
If you choose the option of an electronic prescription sent to your mobile as an SMS or email, this is via eRx secure script, and is linked to Medicare. You will be required to have submitted your Medicare details to us to proceed with this method.
If you do not wish to provide your Medicare card number, we can send the script via email to your local chemist, however this will inhibit you from accessing PBS medication subsidies.
Please note: Schedule 8 Controlled Drug medications and drugs of addiction will not normally be prescribed from the doctors at Private Medical.
Drugs of this nature should be carefully monitored by a regular healthcare provider. Please do not proceed to book a video consultation if you are seeking such medications as your consultation fee will not be refunded if they are not prescribed.
Yes! If your consulting doctor determines that a medical certificate is required, they can issue one. Your medical certificate will be emailed to you following your video consultation.
Likewise with a referral or a pathology request form, if the doctor deems appropriate, they will issue one, which our administration staff can then send directly to the doctor/service or pathology/imaging provider you are being referred to. We are also able to email you a copy for your records.
Yes, we are unable to assist individuals with the following:
- For emergencies and serious medical conditions, your local hospital or GP are better suited to care for your needs.
- If you are seeking a prescription for a Schedule 8 controlled drug or any drug of addiction, please do not proceed with a video consultation as our doctors will not prescribe these restricted medications and a refund will not be issued for patients booking appointments for this reason.
- We are also currently unable to help with Health Care Plans except for Mental Health Care Plans.
If your telehealth connection with the doctor is lost and drops out, the following will occur:
- The doctor will attempt to reconnect to the video consultation – you will be asked to re-join the session, or, if that doesn’t work;
- The doctor will attempt to call you on the mobile number you have provided in your Private Medical profile – please ensure that your phone number is correct. The doctor’s call will be from the Private Medical 135 001 number. Please be available to answer the call. In most instances, the consultation can be conducted via telephone, but if not appropriate, the doctor may request you re-book another telehealth appointment.
- If the doctor is unable to contact you or a phone appointment is not deemed appropriate, our Administration staff will attempt to get in touch with you to reschedule your consultation to another day and time that will suit you. If there is not another time that suits your situation, you will be eligible for a refund.
Private Medical telehealth consultations are paid for at the time of booking. After booking your telehealth consultation time, you will be sent a link to our secure payment gateway. You will be given 60 minutes from the time of booking to process your payment via the gateway link, before your allocated appointment time will expire.
If you have made payment for your consultation, our cancellation policy is that you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment 24 hours prior to your telehealth appointment time.
If you do need to cancel or make a change to the date or time of your booking, you can call us on 135 001 or email us at email@example.com.
If you don't provide us with 24 hour's notice of your telehealth appointment cancellation, you will be responsible for a missed appointment fee which amounts to the full telehealth appointment fee have paid for our services.